Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yet another blog is born. Tentatively.

There is space out there for another blog, of course.  But the question is if there will be readers for it? Who wants to be bored with the thoughts of an academic who anyway inflicts them upon his hapless students?  I am hoping (tentatively as the title of this blog suggests) that I would have some things to say to all of you which you would find interesting.  Something which would make you come back to read more of my stuff. If not, it is any way a tentative attempt and it would fold up.
A little about why I chose this title for my blog.  It was started a bit hesitantly, but that is not the tentativeness I am talking about.  I do hope to get my bearings of the e-world soon and become surer with some practice even though I have been pushed and prodded into it!
The tentativeness comes from having been an academic for over two decades.  One has seen the world change.  Attitudes change, and even the values one held dear seem to be changing all around. Knowledge which did not exist is now everyone’s pet discussion.  What would have been spelling errors previously is now my habit while sending SMS!
As the saying goes, I have learnt “never to say never”.  By training one is taught to keep accepting a theory as true until one gets a clearer understanding of it, only to have that replaced with a newer theory.  So anything which I say here is tentative in the broader scheme of things. 
But am I firmly convinced of what I am saying?  I am.  Until a fresh vista opens up for me, when I will come back to you provided I am convinced of a new way of understanding.
Join me in the explorations of my understanding – I hope to have you come back and tell me if I am wrong.  Encourage me to think louder if you feel I have a point.  This is the place where I am going to explore those of my ideas which I cannot explore fully in the classroom. 
Come, have a virtual seat for a chat with me.  We could chat about anything under the sun or the sea.....
Bala @ Goa airport

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhh!!! atlast u have joined the bandwagon..insipred by chitti i guess.. waiting for more from u

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! :)